- Recreation, Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Hunt the West
- Pheasant Hunting Contest
Pheasant Hunting Contest
Dodge City will release 100 banded birds for Bounty Bird in Ford County near Dodge City at the beginning of pheasant season. Each bird will be banded with a gold band that contains individual numbers. If you are lucky enough to bag a bird with a gold band you can return the band to the Dodge City Visitor Information Center at 400 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd. in Dodge City. Upon registering, you will be given a prize for registering the bands. At the end of the pheasant season, each band will be matched with its number on the prize list. The prize list consists of several different values sponsored by the participating businesses. You will be contacted by phone and you can pick up the prize or it can be mailed to you if you’re unable to make arrangements to have the prize picked up.
Hosted by Wild West Country
Eight Counties participating counties Dodge City (Ford County), Garden City (Finney County), Cimarron (Gray County), Jetmore ( Hodgeman County), Liberal (Seward County), Hugoton (Stevens County), Ness City (Ness County), and Elkhart (Morton County) will be releasing 25 + birds in each county. Dodge City will be releasing 50 banded birds for Rooster Roundup in Ford County near Dodge City. Each bird will be banded with a different color band, with a red band for Dodge City. If you are lucky enough to bag a bird with a colored band you can return the band to the Dodge City Visitor Information Center at 400 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd. in Dodge City or at the approved locations in the other participating counties. There you will be given a prize for registering the bands.
At the end of the pheasant season, each band registered will be in a drawing for that county's $500 grand prize. Dodge City will be giving $500 Chamber Bucks. You will be contacted by phone and you can pick up the prize, or it can be mailed to you if you’re unable to make arrangements to have the prize picked up.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- (Rooster Roundup) More than 400 banded pheasants will be released, in Ford County near Dodge City, in Finney County near Garden City, Gray County near Cimarron, in Stevens County near Hugoton, in Hodgeman County near Jetmore, in Seward County near Liberal, in Morton County near Elkhart and in Ness County near Ness City.
- 100 additional banded pheasants will be released in the Dodge City area only, specific colored (gold) bands will specify the “Bounty Birds.”
- No cost to enter.
- All licensed hunters are eligible to participate, must be 21 and older to collect certain prizes.
- Entries accepted from November 12, 2022 through January 31, 2023.
- Each leg band entry must be turned in at one of the approved locations in Dodge City to be entered.
- A number is assigned to each leg band and the GRAND PRIZE winner will be revealed the week following the contests end on January 31, 2023.
- A valid hunting license should be presented when submitting your leg band entry.
- All State and Federal firearms regulations apply.
- Register your band online at: Bounty Bird/ Rooster Roundup Register.
- Mailed entries will also be accepted, (it is recommended to register the letter) please include:
- Photo of the pheasant leg band (showing the band number and year)
- Copy of valid hunting license
- Email address
- Location of the shoot
Bands will be returned to the person who registered the entry at the end of the contest if requested.
|Dodge City Visitor Center|
400 W. Wyatt Earp
Dodge City, KS 67801
|For other participating counties in the Rooster Roundup check Rooster Roundup Printable Rules and Regulations|
Bounty Bird Printable Rules and Regulations
Rooster Roundup Press Release with Rules and Regulations
Dodge City Convention and Visitors Bureau
400 W. Wyatt Earp Blvd.
Dodge City, KS 67801
Thank You To Our 2022 Sponsors: