Pheasant Hunting Contest
Dodge City will release 100 banded birds for Bounty Bird in Ford County near Dodge City. Each bird will be banded with a gold band that contains individual numbers. If you are lucky enough to bag a bird with a gold band you can return the band to the Dodge City Convention and Visitors Center at 400 W. Wyatt Earp in Dodge City. There, you will be given a prize for registering the bands. At the end of the pheasant season, each band will be matched with its number on the prize list. The prize list consists of several different values sponsored by participating business. You will be contacted by phone and you can pick up the prize or it can be mailed to you if you’re unable to make arrangements to have the prize picked up.
Hosted by Wild West Country
Eight participating counties Dodge City (Ford County), Garden City (Finney County), Cimarron (Gray County), Jetmore ( Hodgeman County), Liberal (Seward County), Hugoton (Stevens County), Ulysses (Grant County), and Elkhart (Morton County) will be releasing 25 + birds in each county. Dodge City will be releasing 50 banded birds for Rooster Roundup in Ford County near Dodge City. Each bird will be banded with a different color band, with a red band for Dodge City. If you are lucky enough to bag a bird with a colored band you can return the band to the Dodge City Convention and Visitors Center at 400 W. Wyatt Earp in Dodge City or approved locations in participating counties. There you will be given a prize for registering the bands. At the end of the pheasant season, each band registered will be in a drawing for that counties $500 grand prize. Dodge City will be giving $500 chamber bucks. You will be contacted by phone and you can pick up the prize, or it can be mailed to you if you’re unable to make arrangements to have the prize picked up.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- (Rooster Roundup) More than 300 banded pheasants will be released, in Ford County near Dodge City, in Finney County near Garden City, Gray County near Cimarron, in Stevens County near Hugoton, in Hodgeman County near Jetmore, in Seward County near Liberal, in Grant County near Ulysses, in Morton County near Elkhart.
- 100 additional banded pheasants will be released in the Dodge City area only, specific colored (gold) bands will specify the “Bounty Birds.”
- No cost to enter.
- All licensed hunters are eligible to participate, must be 21 and older to collect certain prizes.
- Entries accepted from November 9, 2019, through January 31, 2020.
- Each leg band entry must be turned in at one of the approved locations in Dodge City to be entered.
- A number is assigned to each leg band and the GRAND PRIZE winner will be revealed the week following the contests end on January 31, 2020.
- A valid hunting license should be presented when submitting your leg band entry.
- All State and Federal firearms regulations apply.
- Mailed entries will also be accepted, (it is recommended to register the letter) please include:
- Pheasant leg band
- Copy of valid hunting license
- Email address
- Location of the shoot
Bands will be returned to the person who registered the entry at the end of the contest if requested.
|Dodge City Visitors Center|
400 W. Wyatt Earp
Dodge City, KS 67801
|For other participating counties in the Rooster Roundup check Rooster Roundup Printable Rules and Regulations|
Thank You To Our 2019 Sponsors: